Sailing during Covid-19
UPDATE 18 SEPTEMBER 2021
Sailing in Paradise operates under the Industry Covid Safe Checklist for vehicles and vessels under 50 people.
We continue to offer private charters in the beautiful Gold Coast sunshine and look forward to welcoming you on board. Groups of up to 20 guests (on the Seawind 1000XL), 30 guests (on Spirit of Gwonda or Oceans) are welcome on board at this time.
Our vessels are spacious and open plan and we are lucky enough to spend our days in the sunshine, ocean breezes and the beautiful QLD fresh air. We look forward to sharing this experience with you.
In response to the COVID pandemic;
- We have introduced extra cleaning routines and disinfecting on board the vessels, particularly around high touch points on the boat.
- We have hand sanitiser available for guests/crew on board the boat.
- We have cancelled our ticketed tourist cruises at this time, with boats only available for private charters.
- Although we usually encourage friendly greetings and fun we have asked our crew (in line with government guidelines) to practice some social distancing at this point and refrain from hugging, hand shakes etc between guests and crew.
- We are respectfully requesting that guests who are unwell or have travelled to a hotspot or been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days do not board the vessel.
- We require that our crew follow all government guidelines and advise us ASAP if symptomatic or have been in contact with a COVID-19 case.
- We have a COVID-friendly catering menu available and are able to pivot to individual portions should government guidelines require in future.
- In the current health situation we are altering the usual cancellation policy to offer some flexibility to guests who are unable to sail due to the COVID-19 pandemic as outlined in our booking terms and conditions. We ask that guests contact us directly to discuss individual circumstances as we are happy to work together to come to a solution.