Sailing during Covid-19 pandemic
UPDATE 13 MAY 2020
We are thrilled to announce we are available for charter from Friday 15th May for groups of up to 10 guests. We are so excited to be back on the water!
We have procedures in place to ensure sanitation of the vessels and our crew will respect social distancing on board... Please take a tour of our spacious boats here. There is lots of room available for you to spread out on board and enjoy the fresh air and our beautiful Gold Coast waterways.
UPDATE 24 MARCH 2020
The party is over…at least for a while… ⛵️ In light of the continuing escalation of the COVID-19 health crisis, as per government advice we will be discontinuing all group gatherings and tours for at least the next 4 weeks.
It is truly heart-breaking to witness what is happening throughout the world and our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the disease.
We have spent the last 9 years bringing people together, celebrating and creating memories on the water however we realise this thing is bigger than all of us and we wish to do our part to stop the spread.
We will continue to follow government advice and look forward to seeing you all on the other side of this for good times on the water ☀️🌴💦.
Until then stay safe, stay home and please find ways to support your local small businesses at this time.
From the Sailing in Paradise Team xxx
18 MARCH 2020
We are lucky enough to work in the salt air and the beautiful Queensland sunshine (rather than a confined space), but nevertheless, do feel it is the responsibility of every person, and every business to slow the spread of this virus.
So we have put some additional steps in place to ensure a safe and sanitary environment at this time;
- We will be re-scheduling some bookings slightly to allow extra time for cleaning and sanitization between charters.
- We have added extra cleaning routines and disinfecting on board the vessels, particularly around high touch points on the boat.
- We have hand sanitiser available for guests/crew on board the boat.
- We have cancelled our ticketed tourist cruises at this time, with boats only available for private charters (generally local guests).
- Although we usually encourage friendly greetings and fun we have asked our crew (in line with government guidelines) to practice some social distancing at this point and refrain from hugging, hand shakes etc between guests and crew.
- We are respectfully requesting that guests who are unwell or have travelled or been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days do not board the vessel. We politely request that you advise us of any recent overseas travel, illness, or contact with people diagnosed with COVID-19.
- We require that our crew follow all government guidelines and advise us ASAP if symptomatic or have been in contact with a COVID-19 case. Any crew who have been in contact with a confirmed case will be required to self-isolate for the obligatory 14 day period from point of contact. None of our crew have travelled overseas recently.
- We are working with our caterers to implement measures to avoid food contamination.
- We are encouraging our guests who are BYO food and drinks to follow a few simple measures to avoid food and drink sharing.
- In the current health situation we are altering the usual cancellation policy and allowing guests unable to attend due to COVID-19 illness/government restrictions etc to reschedule their cruise for a new date within 18 months of their original charter date with no penalty*. We ask that guests contact us directly to discuss individual circumstances as we are happy to work together to come to a solution.
The Sailing in Paradise family have chosen to remain positive at this time and we honestly feel that this is something we can get through together as a community. Stay strong, keep giving off the good vibes, support local business...and get some sunshine!! :-)
We appreciate your custom and look forward to welcoming you on board.
*some date exclusions apply